Model Of The Soft Starter
Rated motor power
Please refer to
Meet the standards
Three phase power supply
AC 380V(optional 220V and 660V)
Squirrel cage three-phase asynchronous motor
When the motor is fully loaded, no more than 4 times per hour, no load or light load, no more than 10 times per hour.
At an altitude of 3000 below ground gas, the vibration stresses below 0.5G
93% no condensation or drop
Natural cold wind
Relative to vertical
Vertical installation, angle range
External dimensions of 90kw-400kw
Please see the below table for the external and installation dimensions of WSTR3000 series 90kw-400kwsoft starter.
Rated power (KW)
Connection Diagram For Main Circuit Of WSTR 3000 Soft Starter
Terminal Configuration Diagrams
Terminal diagram of the main circuit
|1) WSTR3005-3075||WSTR 3090-3400|
2)Terminal diagram of the control circuit
3)Terminal connection of the control circuit
Why Choose Us
Description of protection functions
WSTR 3000 series soft starter possesses complete protection functions to protect the operation security of the soft starter and the motor. During operation, the protection level and protection parameters should be properly set base don different circumstances.
● Over-heating protection of the soft starter: the protection will start when the temperature rises to 80℃±5℃, and it will stop when the temperature falls to 55℃(lowest).
● Delayed time of input phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of output phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of input three-phase unbalance protection: <3s. Taking the deviation of current in each phase is over 50%10% as the criteria, when the load current is less than 30% of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, it is confirmed that the deviation will increase.
● Protection time of over-current during starting: the protection time shall be continued to be longer than 5 times of the maximum operating current of code F5,
● Delayed time for power under-voltage protection: when the power voltage is under the extreme value 40%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is below the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for power over voltage protection: when the power voltage is over the extreme value 130%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is over the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for load short circuit protection < 0.1 s, if the current is more than IO times of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, this protection shall not replace the fuse or short circuit protection device.
The above time parameters are the periods from the valid signal being detected to the tripping protection directive being given; these parameters are for information only. In the event that the protection functions of the soft starter fails to meet the requirements of customers, special protection devices should be installed to ensure the safety.
Through the inbuilt RS485 standard interface, WSTR 3000 series soft starter can connect with PC and PLC and other hosts to conduct serial communication. The command of the host can control running or stop of the soft starter, monitor the running status of the soft starter and modify its functional data.
1.Input of stop running command.
2.Monitoring of the running status
3.Real-time tracking (tabular display of the running information)
4.Read-once, write-once and saving to files of function codes. Please consult our company separately for the communication software.
Current limiting starting mode
a)The soft starter will be under current starting mode when code F9 is set to O (current limiting). Figure shows the current change wave of the motor under the current limiting mode. 11 is the set starting current limiting value, when the motor starts, the output voltage will increase rapidly until the current of the motor reaches the set current limiting value 11, and the current of the motor will be kept under such value, then with the increasing of the output voltage, the motor will speed up gradually, and when the motor reaches the rated rotation speed, the bypass contact will close, the output current will drop rapidly to the rated current IE of the motor or less, and the whole starting process completes.
b)When the load of the motor is relatively light or the set current limiting value is relatively high, it will be normal that the maximum current may not reach the set current limiting value. Generally, current limiting starting mode applies to the occasions where there're strict limiting requirements on starting current.
Voltage Ramp Starting
a)The soft starter will be under voltage starting mode when code F9 is set to I (voltage). Figure 12-2-1 shows the output voltage wave of the output ramp starting. UI is the starting voltage value at start, when the motor starts, if the current of the motor is within the range of the rated value 400%, the output voltage of the soft starter will increase to UI rapidly, then the starting parameter set according to the output voltage will rise gradually, and the motor will accelerate smoothly with the rising of the voltage and reach the rated rotation speed when the voltage reaches the rated voltage Ue, then the bypass contactor will close and the whole starting process completes.
b)Starting time: t is the control parameter calculated from the standard testing condition based on standard load. Taking this parameter as the criteria, thePRS 3000 series soft starter enables the motor accelerates smoothly through controlling the output voltage to complete the starting process. This parameter is not the mechanical control time t which has nothing to do with if the motor accelerates smoothly or not. Given this, when the load is relatively light, the starting time will be less than the set starting time, and it will be normal as long as the starting process completes smoothly. Generally, the voltage ramp starting mode applies to the occasions where high requirements are not placed in the starting current but in the starting smoothness.
a)The soft starter will be under kick starting mode when code F9 is set to 2(kick+ current limiting) or 3(kick + voltage). Figure 12-3-1 and 12-3-2 show the output change wave of the kick starting mode. In some occasions with heavy load, this starting mode can be used when the motor fails to be started due to effect of the mechanical static friction force. During start, apply a relatively high fixed voltage to the motor for a limited period to overcome the static friction force of the motor load to rotate the motor, then the motor will be started in the current limiting or fixed voltage ramp method.
b)Before using this mode, the motor shall be started through the non-kick mode, and this mode shall be only used when the motor fails to rotate due to high friction, otherwise, starting with this mode shall not be used to reduce the unnecessary shock caused by large current.
Current Ramp Starting Mode
a)The motor will be under current starting mode when code F9 is set to 4(current ramp). Figure 12-4-1 shows the output current wave of the current ramp starting mode, I 1 is the time value set by code F 1.
b)The current ramp starting mode possesses strong accelerating capacity, when used in bipolar motor, it can shorten the starting time to a certain extent.
● Yueqing Winston Electric Co., Ltd. is located in Wenzhou - the Electric Capital of China. We specialize in developing, manufacturing and distributing low voltage & high voltage electrical products. The products we professionally deal with are switching power supplies, sensors, relays, voltage stabilizers, AC contactors, circuit breakers, distribution boxes, industrial plugs & sockets and others.
● Our company is not only an exporting company, but also a professional manufacturer in China. We have our own production base. So,we are sure that we can best support our customers with high quality products and the most competitive prices.
● We have a Experienced Technicolor support team.Customer service in 1-4 hours. If there's any question, please contact us right now.
● Mainly occupied the international market. Exported to Southeast Asia, Europe, North America, Australia, Middle East and other countries and regions ,enjoy a high reputation in the world.
● If you need any help, please contact us immediately. And we would be very grateful if you have any comments.
Q: What’s delivery time?
A: It usually takes about 3-5 working days for small order and 10-15 days for big order.
Q: What’s your payment terms?
A: We usually accept all kinds of payment terms .Such as T/T,L/C, Western Union.PayPal,Cash.
Q: How to be Winston dealer in our country?
A: Winston Electrical are looking for a reliable dealer who have professional knowledge and good contacts in local market. and we will check his annual sales. As you know. the after sale service are very important. It need professional technician to do service. Most time it not quality problem. It may be application problem. How to set the parameters according to actual application.
Q: Do you have the products in stock?
A: Depends on your request, We have standard models in stock. Some special products and big order will be newly produced according to your order quantity.