Model Of The Soft Starter
Rated motor power
Please refer to
Meet the standards
Three phase power supply
AC 380V(optional 220V and 660V)
Squirrel cage three-phase asynchronous motor
When the motor is fully loaded, no more than 4 times per hour, no load or light load, no more than 10 times per hour.
At an altitude of 3000 below ground gas, the vibration stresses below 0.5G
93% no condensation or drop
Natural cold wind
Relative to vertical
Vertical installation, angle range
External dimensions of 90kw-400kw
Please see the below table for the external and installation dimensions of WSTR3000 series 90kw-400kwsoft starter.
Rated power (KW)
Connection Diagram For Main Circuit Of WSTR 3000 Soft Starter
Terminal Configuration Diagrams
Terminal diagram of the main circuit
|1) WSTR3005-3075||WSTR 3090-3400|
2)Terminal diagram of the control circuit
3)Terminal connection of the control circuit
Why Choose Us
Description Of Protection Functions
WSTR 3000 series soft starter possesses complete protection functions to protect the operation security of the soft starter and the motor. During operation, the protection level and protection parameters should be properly set base don different circumstances.
● Over-heating protection of the soft starter: the protection will start when the temperature rises to 80℃±5℃, and it will stop when the temperature falls to 55℃(lowest).
● Delayed time of input phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of output phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of input three-phase unbalance protection: <3s. Taking the deviation of current in each phase is over 50%10% as the criteria, when the load current is less than 30% of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, it is confirmed that the deviation will increase.
● Protection time of over-current during starting: the protection time shall be continued to be longer than 5 times of the maximum operating current of code F5,
● Delayed time for power under-voltage protection: when the power voltage is under the extreme value 40%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is below the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for power over voltage protection: when the power voltage is over the extreme value 130%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is over the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for load short circuit protection < 0.1 s, if the current is more than IO times of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, this protection shall not replace the fuse or short circuit protection device.
The above time parameters are the periods from the valid signal being detected to the tripping protection directive being given; these parameters are for information only. In the event that the protection functions of the soft starter fails to meet the requirements of customers, special protection devices should be installed to ensure the safety.
Current Limiting Starting Mode
a)The soft starter will be under current starting mode when code F9 is set to O (current limiting). Figure shows the current change wave of the motor under the current limiting mode. 11 is the set starting current limiting value, when the motor starts, the output voltage will increase rapidly until the current of the motor reaches the set current limiting value 11, and the current of the motor will be kept under such value, then with the increasing of the output voltage, the motor will speed up gradually, and when the motor reaches the rated rotation speed, the bypass contact will close, the output current will drop rapidly to the rated current IE of the motor or less, and the whole starting process completes.
b)When the load of the motor is relatively light or the set current limiting value is relatively high, it will be normal that the maximum current may not reach the set current limiting value. Generally, current limiting starting mode applies to the occasions where there're strict limiting requirements on starting current.
Voltage Ramp Starting
a)The soft starter will be under voltage starting mode when code F9 is set to I (voltage). Figure 12-2-1 shows the output voltage wave of the output ramp starting. UI is the starting voltage value at start, when the motor starts, if the current of the motor is within the range of the rated value 400%, the output voltage of the soft starter will increase to UI rapidly, then the starting parameter set according to the output voltage will rise gradually, and the motor will accelerate smoothly with the rising of the voltage and reach the rated rotation speed when the voltage reaches the rated voltage Ue, then the bypass contactor will close and the whole starting process completes.
b)Starting time: t is the control parameter calculated from the standard testing condition based on standard load. Taking this parameter as the criteria, thePRS 3000 series soft starter enables the motor accelerates smoothly through controlling the output voltage to complete the starting process. This parameter is not the mechanical control time t which has nothing to do with if the motor accelerates smoothly or not. Given this, when the load is relatively light, the starting time will be less than the set starting time, and it will be normal as long as the starting process completes smoothly. Generally, the voltage ramp starting mode applies to the occasions where high requirements are not placed in the starting current but in the starting smoothness.
a)The soft starter will be under kick starting mode when code F9 is set to 2(kick+ current limiting) or 3(kick + voltage). Figure 12-3-1 and 12-3-2 show the output change wave of the kick starting mode. In some occasions with heavy load, this starting mode can be used when the motor fails to be started due to effect of the mechanical static friction force. During start, apply a relatively high fixed voltage to the motor for a limited period to overcome the static friction force of the motor load to rotate the motor, then the motor will be started in the current limiting or fixed voltage ramp method.
b)Before using this mode, the motor shall be started through the non-kick mode, and this mode shall be only used when the motor fails to rotate due to high friction, otherwise, starting with this mode shall not be used to reduce the unnecessary shock caused by large current.
Current Ramp Starting Mode
a)The motor will be under current starting mode when code F9 is set to 4(current ramp). Figure 12-4-1 shows the output current wave of the current ramp starting mode, I 1 is the time value set by code F 1.
b)The current ramp starting mode possesses strong accelerating capacity, when used in bipolar motor, it can shorten the starting time to a certain extent.
Voltage and Current Limiting Double Closed-loop Starting
a) The motor will be under double closed-loop starting mode when code F9 is set to S(double closed loop). The voltage and current limiting closed-loop starting mode which adopts the double closed-loop control of voltage ramp and current limiting is a comprehensive starting mode requires both smooth starting and strict current limiting. It employs the prediction algorithm which estimates the operation status of the motor
b)Output voltage wave of this starting mode varies with the motors and loadings.
There're two types of stop mode forWS1Rseries soft starter, namely, soft stop mode and free stop mode.
a) The soft starter will be under soft stop mode when code F2 is not set to 0. Figure 12-6-1 shows the output current wave of the soft stop mode.Tis the soft stop time set by the code F2. Under this stop mode, power supply of the motor will be switched to thyristor output of the soft starter through the bypass contactor, and the output voltage of the soft starter will gradually drop from the full voltage to enable the rotation speed of the motor reduce smoothly to avoid mechanical shock until the motor stops running. The output cut-off voltage during soft start shall be equal to the starting voltage during start.
b)The soft stop mode can reduce and even eliminate surge of load of pumps and reduce the large current shock during soft stop. The soft stop current limiting value is the percentage calculated from the starting current limiting.
a) The soft starter will be under free stop mode when code F2 is set to O(free stop). Under this type of stop mode, upon receiving the command, the soft starter will disconnect the bypass contactor immediately and prohibit the voltage output of the thyristor of the soft starter, and then the motor will gradually stop due to load inertia. The code can be set to this mode when the soft starter is under the one-to-N connection method to avoid the phase loss fault alarm during output switching.
b)Generally, in order to prolong the service life of the soft starter, free stop mode should be selected if there' s no necessary for soft stop. The free stop mode fully inhibits instantaneous output and thus it can prevent the instantaneous large current shock in the special application occasions.
There are six different starting modes with the WS1R 3000 series soft starters which apply to various complicated motors and loading situations, among which users can select according to different application ranges.
● Yueqing Winston Electric Co., Ltd. is located in Wenzhou - the Electric Capital of China. We specialize in developing, manufacturing and distributing low voltage & high voltage electrical products. The products we professionally deal with are switching power supplies, sensors, relays, voltage stabilizers, AC contactors, circuit breakers, distribution boxes, industrial plugs & sockets and others.
● With special cultivation of employees, high investment on production facilities and R&D as well as a wide range of products, we advocate "technology innovation, business honesty and trust and quality first" as our basic principle, trying to develop into a world-class electrical manufacturer with constant efforts.
● We can provide customized service we are a customer oriented manufacturer our products can be customized.
● Electronic products require a regular and appropriate maintenance schedule to operate reliably and economically over a long period of time. They need to have regular servicing and replacement of worn out parts. For all such maintenance we have a separate team which is specialized in scheduled and breakdown maintenance for our products. Our teamis passionate about its business which positively reflects in our assertive approach to sales and customer service.
● We are an ISO9001:2000 certified company. We have obtained many certificates, such as CCC, CE, CB, GS and RoHS. Stability, expertise and technological innovation are the core stones of our business strategy. Aiming at reliable product quality and the highest customer satisfaction, we are consistently deepening enterprise inner reform and fully carry out a quality guarantee system.
Q: How does your factory do the quality control?
A: Quality is priority, we always attach the importance to quality control from the beginning to the end of the production. every product will be fully assembled and carefully tested before packing and shipping.
Q: Tell me the standard of package?
A: For the small capacity, it use carton, but for big capacity, we should use strong wooden case for protection.
Q: Would you accept to use our logo ?
A: If you have good quantity, it absolute no problem to do OEM.
Q: What is your terms of payment?
A: 100% before delivery. We'll show you the photos of the products and packages amd AWB before the delivery.
Q: What is your sample policy?
A: We can supply the sample if we have ready parts in stock, but the customers have to pay the sample cost and the courier cost.