Model Of The Soft Starter
Rated motor power
Please refer to
Meet the standards
Three phase power supply
AC 380V(optional 220V and 660V)
Squirrel cage three-phase asynchronous motor
When the motor is fully loaded, no more than 4 times per hour, no load or light load, no more than 10 times per hour.
At an altitude of 3000 below ground gas, the vibration stresses below 0.5G
93% no condensation or drop
Natural cold wind
Relative to vertical
Vertical installation, angle range
External dimensions of 90kw-400kw
Please see the below table for the external and installation dimensions of WSTR3000 series 90kw-400kwsoft starter.
Rated power (KW)
Terminal Configuration Diagrams
Terminal diagram of the main circuit
|1) WSTR3005-3075||WSTR 3090-3400|
2)Terminal diagram of the control circuit
3)Terminal connection of the control circuit
Why Choose Us
Connection of the main circuit and the grounding terminal
(I) Main circuit power input terminal (R,S, T)
a.Connect the main circuit input terminals R, S, T to the three-phase AC power through the circuit breaker for circuit protection or circuit breaker with leakage protection without considering the connection sequence
b.Do not use ON/OFF of the main circuit power to control running and stop of the soft starter, instead, such should be controlled by means of the control terminal or RUN and STOP buttons in the keyboard panel of the soft starter upon power on.
c.Do not connect the soft starter to the single-phase power.
(2) Output terminals of the soft starter (U ,V ,W )
a.Output terminals of the soft starter should be connected to the three-phase motor in correct phase sequence. If the rotation direction of the motor is incorrect, switch connection of any two phases among U, V and W.
b.The output end of the soft starter shall not be connected to capacitor or surge absorber.
c.If the wire between the soft starter and the motor is very long, the distributed capacitance between the wires will generate highfrequency current which may cause over-current tripping, leakage current increasing and poor current display precision of the soft starter. Therefore, it is suggested that the motor connection wire should be no more than 50m.
(3) Grounding terminal of the soft starter (〨 G)
a.For safety and noise reducing, the grounding terminal G of the soft starter must be well-grounded. To prevent electric shock and fire accidents, the metal enclosure and frame of the electric equipment should comply with the requirements of the national electronic procedures.
Description Of Protection Functions
WSTR 3000 series soft starter possesses complete protection functions to protect the operation security of the soft starter and the motor. During operation, the protection level and protection parameters should be properly set base don different circumstances.
● Over-heating protection of the soft starter: the protection will start when the temperature rises to 80℃±5℃, and it will stop when the temperature falls to 55℃(lowest).
● Delayed time of input phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of output phase loss protection: <3s.
● Delayed time of input three-phase unbalance protection: <3s. Taking the deviation of current in each phase is over 50%10% as the criteria, when the load current is less than 30% of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, it is confirmed that the deviation will increase.
● Protection time of over-current during starting: the protection time shall be continued to be longer than 5 times of the maximum operating current of code F5,
● Delayed time for power under-voltage protection: when the power voltage is under the extreme value 40%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is below the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for power over voltage protection: when the power voltage is over the extreme value 130%, the protection time< 0.5s, when the power voltage is over the set value, the protection time< 3s.
● Delayed time for load short circuit protection < 0.1 s, if the current is more than IO times of the nominal rated value of the soft starter, this protection shall not replace the fuse or short circuit protection device.
The above time parameters are the periods from the valid signal being detected to the tripping protection directive being given; these parameters are for information only. In the event that the protection functions of the soft starter fails to meet the requirements of customers, special protection devices should be installed to ensure the safety.
Current Ramp Starting Mode
a)The motor will be under current starting mode when code F9 is set to 4(current ramp). Figure 12-4-1 shows the output current wave of the current ramp starting mode, I 1 is the time value set by code F 1.
b)The current ramp starting mode possesses strong accelerating capacity, when used in bipolar motor, it can shorten the starting time to a certain extent.
Voltage And Current Limiting Double Closed-Loop Starting
a) The motor will be under double closed-loop starting mode when code F9 is set to S(double closed loop). The voltage and current limiting closed-loop starting mode which adopts the double closed-loop control of voltage ramp and current limiting is a comprehensive starting mode requires both smooth starting and strict current limiting. It employs the prediction algorithm which estimates the operation status of the motor
b)Output voltage wave of this starting mode varies with the motors and loadings.
There're two types of stop mode forWS1Rseries soft starter, namely, soft stop mode and free stop mode.
a) The soft starter will be under soft stop mode when code F2 is not set to 0. Figure 12-6-1 shows the output current wave of the soft stop mode.Tis the soft stop time set by the code F2. Under this stop mode, power supply of the motor will be switched to thyristor output of the soft starter through the bypass contactor, and the output voltage of the soft starter will gradually drop from the full voltage to enable the rotation speed of the motor reduce smoothly to avoid mechanical shock until the motor stops running. The output cut-off voltage during soft start shall be equal to the starting voltage during start.
b)The soft stop mode can reduce and even eliminate surge of load of pumps and reduce the large current shock during soft stop. The soft stop current limiting value is the percentage calculated from the starting current limiting.
a) The soft starter will be under free stop mode when code F2 is set to O(free stop). Under this type of stop mode, upon receiving the command, the soft starter will disconnect the bypass contactor immediately and prohibit
the voltage output of the thyristor of the soft starter, and then the motor will gradually stop due to load inertia. The code can be set to this mode when the soft starter is under the one-to-N connection method to avoid the phase loss fault alarm during output switching.
b)Generally, in order to prolong the service life of the soft starter, free stop mode should be selected if there' s no necessary for soft stop. The free stop mode fully inhibits instantaneous output and thus it can prevent the instantaneous large current shock in the special application occasions.
There are six different starting modes with the WS1R 3000 series soft starters which apply to various complicated motors and loading situations, among which users can select according to different application ranges.
1.Unique SCR trigger closed-loop control algorithm
Unique SCR closed-loop control, specially designed for standard and heavy loads. The user can select the current limit start and the voltage ramp start according to the load condition to achieve an absolutely smooth torque-free oscillation start effect.
2.Control accuracy, real-time efficiency
High-performance CORETX-M3 32-bit core CPU for center control, fast speed, high precision, strong anti-interference ability
Patented main circuit three-in and six-out structure, built-in current transformer scheme, convenient wiring and high reliability
4.Optional standard MODBUS-RTU protocol
Integrated advanced protection.It has protection functions such as input and output phase loss, overload, overcurrent, phase current imbalance, thyristor over temperature, etc., to protect the motor and related equipment in all directions.
90kw or less is a fully molded shell structure, processed with flame-retardant ABS material. The upper cover of 90KW and above is made of plastic shell structure, and the main frame is made of aluminum-zinc plate material. It has heat resistance and corrosion resistan
7.External lead panel
The panel can be externally led to the operating surface of the device for remote operation through the fuselage interface, which is convenient for on-site use.
A monitoring signal coding system consisting of a 4-digit digital display that monitors the operating conditions of system equipment 24 hours a day, while providing fast fault diagnosis
● Yueqing Winston is a known brand, a leading manufacturer and exporter for off-grid which has been this industry for 10 years. Our factory was established in 2010. We provide power solution service to our clients. All of our customers are located all over the world and they are very satisfied due to our excellent price-quality ratio.
● With special cultivation of employees, high investment on production facilities and R&D as well as a wide range of products, we advocate "technology innovation, business honesty and trust and quality first" as our basic principle, trying to develop into a world-class electrical manufacturer with constant efforts.
● The company has a rigorous experimental team to develop and produce the latest and most practical products
● Electronic products require a regular and appropriate maintenance schedule to operate reliably and economically over a long period of time. They need to have regular servicing and replacement of worn out parts. For all such maintenance we have a separate team which is specialized in scheduled and breakdown maintenance for our products. Our teamis passionate about its business which positively reflects in our assertive approach to sales and customer service.
● Mainly occupied the international market. Exported to Southeast Asia, Europe, North America, Australia, Middle East and other countries and regions, enjoy a high reputation in the world.
Q: Are you manufacturer or trading company?
A: We are professional manufacturer of high-performance vector frequency inverters, motor soft starter, electromagnetic motor activator,current transformer, intelligent air circuit breaker,AC contactor and so on. etc. We provide high quality products with most competitive factory price.
Q: How about your packaging?
A: Generally, We use carton box pack for low rated power inverter, for 45KW and above we use the wooden box.
Reasonable special packing requirements from customers are acceptable for us with extra cost.
Q: May I take some samples to test before placing the order ?
A: Yes, but customers need to pay for the sample fees and express fees, and it will be returned when next order is confirmed.
Q: Could you print our own logo?
A: Yes, Our company are available for Retail & Wholesale & OEM & ODM.
Q: Do you have you own factory?
A: Yes! All of our products are supplied directly from our factory. Yueqing Winston Electrical Equipment Co.,Ltd who is professional manufacturing motor soft starter, transformer and power switch etc for more then 10 years. So the price is very competitive.